Friday, March 25, 2011

Paul Felix Interview !


How did you get the sketch book ?

I received the book from Chris Applehans. 

-What do you think about this collective project ?

It's lovely to think of us all as a worldwide community able to communicate visually.

-Who did you give you the scketchbook and whom did you give it then ?


After Mr. Applehans I handed the book off to fellow Disney artist (and amazing talent) Lorelay Bove.

-What technique did you use ?

I used a croquill pen for the first time, and watercolor.

-Did you have already and idea of what you would draw in it?


Oh, God, no.  Actually I already had the basic idea, but I had no idea how to show it.

-Where you happy, motivated, excited, scared to get that sketchbook in  
the hands ? Can you tell us how you felt ?


Naturally I felt honored and flattered to have been included with some of my favorite artists, but also terrified and utterly inadequate to the task.

-Who(in the contributors) would you like to work with in the future ?


Too many to list.  Peter de Seve and Carter Goodrich are personal favorites, but they're all just amazing.

-What are your news (signatures, upcoming books, movie or else)?

I was art director on the upcoming Winnie the Pooh movie, opening up in Europe in April and in July in the U.S.!