Thursday, October 22, 2009

Peter NGuyen Interview for Sketchtravel.

-How did you get the sketch book?

I got the sketchbook from Vince ( Vincent Nguyen, his brother and Colleague at Bluesky studios) who had just got it from Natalie Ascencios . Now I haven't seen the book in a while, but as soon as I got it, I immediately flipped through the book just to get inspired.

-What do you think about this collective project?

I think it's a wonderful idea. A book with fifty plus artist from around the world without ever shipping it? Come on, how cool is that.

-Who did you give you the scketchbook and whom did you give it then?

I got the sketchbook Through Vince and I handed the book to the shading master and nunchuck expert Mike Lee.

-What technique did you use?

I used a Hi-tec c pen, 0.3 and 0.5. These pens have a very fine tip and are great for inking. I'll usually add some sort of wash but I didn't want to screw up Jerome's awesome pages.

-Did you have already and idea of what you would draw in it?

Honestly no. My page is side by side with Mike Mignola so I knew I had to come up with something spectacular. He had drawn a skull so I wanted to sort of keep that as a theme. Initially It was tough to visualize but my love for old diving equipment kind of lead me through the process.

-Who(in the contributors) would you like to work with in the future?

So many to choose from! Ones that definitely emerge from the batch of artists are Jerome Opena and Robert Valley. I like their work because it's what I strive for and it's very close in process, and I don't mean style, but more of the medium being line work.

-What are your news (signatures, upcoming books, movie or else)?

I'm always working on various projects off work hours. A bunch of it include personal work, freelance etc.. Currently doing some work for DC comics which include both covers and interiors.  I can't really name any titles yet just in case I get in trouble. haha. Well I guess that wraps it up. Thank you again Sketch Travel!

You can see more about Peter Nguyen by visiting :
http://saigonradio.blogspot.com/